The Black Lotus Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PawnAge

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

PawnAge - Page 4 Empty Re: PawnAge

Post by gold Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:45 pm

Haha, omg the peasants are so... broke. And the broken sword... even more broke. Feelshardcoreman. Very Happy
But I agree, it was worth it. Good way of implementing the AI, most of stable diffusion one sees normally is random crap. Here you actually managed to preserve and extend upon the original artwork´s spirit. Really good job!

PawnAge - Page 4 Hegelt1dlt
StarCitizen referral code: STAR-6SBL-H4YS
gold
gold
General
General

Male
Number of posts : 13236
Hobbies : PC, RPG, Party, Music & the fine arts
Games played recently : Tetris
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:24 pm

Reminder to upload an updated build. Laughing

gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zibo Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:02 pm

PawnAge v0.1.0

To open unit's full info, you select the unit and click the portrait.

Last edited by Zibo on Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

WICKED SICK
WICKED SICK

Male
Number of posts : 4027
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Elohai Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:44 pm

Tried it, looks cool, idk what I'm supposed to do, got stuck on totems turn. Sorry, can't offer any gameplay feedback because I don't play these kind of games or know the genre.
Elohai
Elohai
Spammer!!!
Spammer!!!

Male
Number of posts : 2928
Hobbies : Medical Tech.
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zibo Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:54 pm

Elohai wrote:idk what I'm supposed to do, got stuck on totems turn

End Turn button is next on TODO list. Currently Space is the hotkey for it.

WICKED SICK
WICKED SICK

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:30 pm

I got some people killed and admired the variety of options. It plays fluently and looks like a real game now, cudos!

It is cool, that there are a lot of different skills for the classes, some are a bit funny - well or just fun - like the broken sword ability and the option to throw the sword, cool. I thought first that as a last resort, kinda like a just before death tactical option, you could deliberately break the sword to increase damage for a limited number of last strikes.
It´s also fun watching the chars falling over when killed.
For a turn based it seems to have some strategic depth and that is what it needs. The same time it would need some accessibility (or a ramping up of features as you go on playing msisions though I usually hate it when games gate their content too much, i. e. you only have one unit skill during the first mission, but it makes sense) which can not be judged atm. While I think generally that many skills are cool, I would take care that a new person has a chance to learn them in time and have them present in their memory while they play the game. One needs to think of ways to help with that if the game may get many more skills (which is cool in general!) as the amount of different units increases. One idea may be to make the skills similar in a way, so if you know the properties of one, you know the others too. I. e. a fire skill always sets things on fire, a mssile/ballista style skill always throws things a bit to the back etc. .

I see now the portrait issue you mentioned. How about blurring the background of the units on the generated portraits? With Photoshop magic wand or a similar feature you could probably easily select the units outline, then invert and blur the rest of the image. Btw nice stat and inventory window. It needs more functionality of course, right now it is the best place to show off the portraits.

What could make the game more cool and set it more apart from other games: If you could destroy some of the (cool) environments. Like setting carts on fire or just tipping them over, making them damage nearby enemies or change line of sight for ranged units. Cause the environment looks nice, making some more use of it could also add tactical depth.

I wonder even to make tactical use of lightning or actual line of sight a thing, but I am not sure about the vision you pursue with the game. Smile

gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zibo Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:20 pm

Thanks for the feedback.  PawnAge - Page 4 1f44d

The same time it would need some accessibility (or a ramping up of features as you go on playing msisions though I usually hate it when games gate their content too much, i. e. you only have one unit skill during the first mission, but it makes sense)

Until now I was thinking of following unlockables as playthrough progresses:
- leveling up the main hero, which will influence the amount of max MP (50 base, 100 max) and MP gain per turn (+10 base, +15 max) - so only skill with cost >50 MP would be "locked"
- unlocking new units and items
- unlocking and leveling hero classes (I need to think how exactly that could work - hero could have his own skill/s, but no idea yet what else)
- leveling up units (0 -> 5), which also unlocks unit talents

As you said, I didn't want to lock unit skills by level, because it would be probably received negatively.

One needs to think of ways to help with that if the game may get many more skills (which is cool in general!) as the amount of different units increases. One idea may be to make the skills similar in a way, so if you know the properties of one, you know the others too

Exactly that I wanted to achieve by introducing status icons, so you can understand most of the descriptions even without reading (even Push effect has icons).
Skills will be very different, altered by leveling up and by talents. E.g. Fire Mage has fire hands which deals fire damage, but he can choose talent to switch that skill into Warming Hands which heals allies.

What could make the game more cool and set it more apart from other games: If you could destroy some of the (cool) environments.

I planned only boxes to be destructible at some point. Other things sadly might be a quite high effort to do (many levels planned).

I wonder even to make tactical use of lightning or actual line of sight a thing, but I am not sure about the vision you pursue with the game. Smile

I wanted to do that initially - creating levels in pitch black night, where units don't see each other until they get in LoS. But when there's darkness, there needs to be good lightning from skill effects. And trust me, this is so fucking hard to do it right, lights flash too strong, they clip, are covered by something, turn stuff to white etc. With first handful of effects I tried to make it right and it was too time consuming (and there's so many effects) that I think I will drop the idea.

WICKED SICK
WICKED SICK

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zibo Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:21 pm

PawnAge v0.1.1

AI milestone!
No more playing vs yourself.

Because AI move calculation is made on the server (Unity app is just a client), it is also shipped in the package - Java 17 is needed to run it.
Start the server with `Start Server.bat` before running Unity client.

If you don't have Java 17, I added installer in folder `OpenJDK`.
Installed Java version you can also check by running terminal and typing `java -version`.

Troubleshooting
If you have any problems with running the server, let me know. I tested on two machines and looked good.
If running the bat closes immedietely, that means there's an error. Run the bat from `cmd` to see the error.

WICKED SICK
WICKED SICK

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zibo Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:07 pm

First map polished and finally finished.

PawnAge - Page 4 72CoMRr

WICKED SICK
WICKED SICK

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4