The Black Lotus Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched

+11
Djerun
Krymas
Sunkyt
Erade
Doppelganger
Laph
Elohai
Zibo
zv
gold
Askard
15 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched Empty Re: Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched

Post by Askard Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:02 pm

http://truly-free.lineage2.com/

server opened yesterday, we play on shilien Smile

would be nice to see some old faces there Wink
Askard
Askard
Living Legend
Living Legend

Male
Number of posts : 422
Hobbies : Student, parties, meet friends, go to gym with djerun and play l2 xD
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched Empty Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched

Post by gold Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Oh really they opened a new server together with going F2P:

The Shilen server opens on November 30, 2011, with the launch of Goddess of Destruction. Shilen is a brand new untouched server that is the optimal place for new players to start their experience of Lineage II. The Shilen server has the following characteristics and restrictions:

• The Shilen server is for new characters only. Server transfers to Shilen are not available.
  • Server timezone is CST (Dallas, Texas, USA). This is the same server timezone as the Chronos server.
  • Character slots are limited to two per account until a later date.
  • The first Territory War and Castle Siege dates will be announced at a later date.
  • Olympiad will begin on December 1, 2011. The first Heroes on Shilen will be in January 2012.
  • Conquerable Clan Halls will be available beginning December 1, 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaRbKKgnDOU

Seems the F2P model is solely based on reducing grind for money. There seem to be no actual restrictions on a non-paying account. I think this is a decent choice of NC actually.

Truly Free™ breaks the shackles of limited gameplay and invites you to enjoy the full game world as it was meant to be experienced. Lineage® II: Goddess of Destruction™ will provide you with all the tools you need to propel yourself to the heights of power and beyond. This is the best value in MMOs today!
How is this possible?
NCsoft provides you with three essential features:

• No Account Restrictions: All players can now go from a level 1 neophyte to a level 99 deity with no restrictions on where they may go or what they may do in-game. Everyone is equal in the transformed world of Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction!

• Path to Awakening: As you journey to glory you will be guided along a clear path of attainable goals and given rewards for achieving those goals. This web guide will be your constant companion as you rise through the ranks.

• Exploration Packages: For those who want to reach their destiny even faster we offer three levels of item support packages in our web store. Your hastened progress through the world will be well worth these deals!

Sadly i do not have time at all, specifically not at current. Otherwise i might really be tempted...

More info on the F2P model:
http://www.lineage2.com/gd/play-your-way.php

IMHO for once NC actually did a decent job! oO

EDIT: Bea is coming to my place tonight. IF we find any free time i guess we´d definitely take a look at the server. But i will not have time to play. :f
gold
gold
General
General

Male
Number of posts : 13236
Hobbies : PC, RPG, Party, Music & the fine arts
Games played recently : Tetris
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched Empty Re: Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched

Post by zv Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 pm

not this again, give me those years i wasted back then i can think about it : P
zv
zv
Living Legend
Living Legend

Male
Number of posts : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:43 pm

hey you tell me.. huehehhe.. let me think.. almost 5 years of playtime from which most were rather "hardcore´ish", almost dropped out of university, depression, trouble with family and best friends, several parties missed (coulda been worse though had god folk in the town here), tons of cash lost but hey, at least i got to know some cool people from around the globe oneeleven! Very Happy
anyways i´m actually downloading the client now since erade won´t make it tonight (stuck in madrid thx to iberia AGAIN) but i´m not gonna play there really. yet i am curious still. Very Happy
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zibo Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:02 pm

gold wrote:but i´m not gonna play there really. yet i am curious still. Very Happy

It all starts this way.
Zibo
Zibo
WICKED SICK
WICKED SICK

Male
Number of posts : 4027
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:20 pm

nah i like the game still but it has lost that player fascination for me and this pokemon update won´t change it. particularly the "developer" perspective did a lot there for me. if you got pretty much full insight how the game works technically, a lot of the fascination is gone. finally, to me this is a binary decision for the game or for something else. i m not the kind to mess with a bunch of lvl 40 chars in the weekend or to fool around for 2 years to finally become a nobody in s grades. and i do not have the cash atm to burn half a thousand euros to become a pawnerer with minimum effort. so i choose life. Very Happy
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 am

i´d say almost 98% this time nc, almost... that i could create my account with my "secure" password from dex on plaync was cool, what was slightly fail however was that the actual client apparently couldn´t handle my password, thus i had to simplify it.
client is the same old shit yet they actually introduced the idea of cutscenes (!!).
also server only slightly lagging, given the amount of current population i guess that is a minor achievement.

also:
Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched Shot00000fnfj5
Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched Shot000025zedh
just sayin´, just sayin´ Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched Grin
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:52 am

best experience: hdr actually works with aa (supported by driver).
priceless: all the spanish begging gm to lvl them in shout.
you can now highfive a person. but maybe that was already introduced with highfive, hence the chronicle name highfive.
goodnight.
Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched Shot00002h4fhv
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Zibo Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:37 am

Few socials were introduced in Freya, including HighFive (so confuzzing!!). Smile

Is Laph "testing" it also that You shout his both names? Very Happy

And does this client still goes like a shit when on screen is more than 40 characters, no matter the specs?
Zibo
Zibo
WICKED SICK
WICKED SICK

Male
Number of posts : 4027
Registration date : 2009-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:03 am

Highfive in Freya? Confuzing indeed. Mad
(the social is a nice one though^^)

Nah i didn´t meet Laph but that shoutout was necessary of course nevertheless. Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched 632772

As for the client yea, pretty much that still. Went ape shit on my secondary PC which is a good one still. But then again now all races start off in (revamped) talking island and i had set everything to max. Average 10-15fps in the town but also everything crowded as hell.
For being virtually unlimited regarding the content this is a pretty good F2P game nevertheless. However with lvl cap raised to 99 i guess you do want to soften out the grind a little. Oh and that awakening thing: Happens sometime pretty late in endgame, you get pretty nifty extra stats and a skill or two. And your chars appearance seems to change to the new metrosexual look. You might want to go for that (or not), so you probably end up leaving money at the NCStore unless you got 24/7 for the game at your disposal.
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Elohai Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:50 pm

awakening is after lvl 85 and you get ALL new skills not one or two but its still offi 1x so no thanks

oh new emoticons were introduced in freya not h5
Elohai
Elohai
Spammer!!!
Spammer!!!

Male
Number of posts : 2926
Hobbies : Medical Tech.
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by zv Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:09 pm

i think im gonna wait for innova servers, prolly not gonna play but hey, reserving the nickname is important : p
zv
zv
Living Legend
Living Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Elohai Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:25 pm

well i decided i wont, rpg just went h5 so ill play there from time to time, if ill even play that is
Elohai
Elohai
Spammer!!!
Spammer!!!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:33 pm

The high five thingie was already resolved. Why waiting for some rus Company to run the same server is beyond me but ok. Very Happy
There are several things to speed up your lvling, also alongside your way you earn some extras by default, but of course the idea is that the general geek will use the item store to speed things up.
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Laph Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:03 pm

SHUT!

UP!

I!

R!

PRO!

... and a tiny bit drunk planning to get fucking hammered...
Laph
Laph
Spammer!!!
Spammer!!!

Male
Number of posts : 3717

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:48 pm

sounds like a plan!
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Elohai Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:26 pm

h5 is realy "hard", every epic is instanced and you can farm them 2 times a weeks (for some im not sure), epic 7s quest that gets you to 84ish (starting at lvl 79), all 3rd class forgotten scrolls are dropable by mobs and many things more

also GoD is not l2 anymore, after awekening its a whole new game

Last edited by Elohai on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause i can)
Elohai
Elohai
Spammer!!!
Spammer!!!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:54 pm

yeah i m anyways definitely a fan of the older chronicles, particularly before god. anyways gonna be online on shilien server nao to see how everything´s looking with "Cyberia -
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:10 am

After a more thorough testing i have to say that i am pretty disappointed overall. Gonna share more on this tomorrow. xD
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zv Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 am

personally im a fan of c3
zv
zv
Living Legend
Living Legend

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelganger Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Elohai wrote:its still 1x

Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwHv80gZ--AmIqZfK5oEIaK5fQxI7ZiUXQ5r4pihYsYl-s70mjPNfusmbe
Doppelganger
Doppelganger
WICKED SICK
WICKED SICK

Male
Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:45 pm

Elohai wrote:its still offi 1x so no thanks
Lineage2 goes F2P - New Server Shilien launched North-korean-leader-kqoc2y
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askard Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:08 pm

its 1x but iam still finished ccq 2 after two days, so its easy to lvl up with all these quests Wink

gold, add me ingame as a friend... my name is askard like everytime Smile
Askard
Askard
Living Legend
Living Legend

Male
Number of posts : 422
Hobbies : Student, parties, meet friends, go to gym with djerun and play l2 xD
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gold Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:23 am

what lvl are you now? how did you manage to exp your ass off talking island? those 4 exploration platforms are always so damn crowded that it is really hard to ks a mob. Very Happy
gold
gold
General
General

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Doppelganger Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Hardest part - class selection.
Doppelganger
Doppelganger
WICKED SICK
WICKED SICK

Male
Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2009-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next